New Avalon Technology is hiring for a Senior Help Desk/IT Support Technician to join their Service Desk Located in Tempe, Arizona. The Senior Help Desk/IT Support Technician is responsible for investigating, troubleshooting and resolving computer, VoIP phone, smart phone, and peripheral issues including hardware, software applications, and basic networking. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help and service requests. This position is the point of contact for client satisfaction of all technology needs and is the key interface for our client’s end-users.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues.
- Identify, research and resolve complex technical problems.
- Respond to telephone, email and on line requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems using applicable systems and tools.
- Coordinates with other teams or specialists to resolve an issue.
- May be responsible for the resolution of escalated issues of higher difficulty.
- May train, coach or assist less experienced team members.
- Participate in the On Call rotation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a team and alone.
- Ability to use sound judgment, work independently, organize and prioritize, be detail oriented, and understand when urgency is required.
- Ability to reach out to other resources for assistance when appropriate.
- Ability to follow schedules, procedures, and processes.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedules, duties, technologies, and responsibilities in a changing work environment.
- Ability to explain complex and technical issues or procedures to the end users in a way end users understand.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent repetitive use of wrists and hands while operating office equipment.
- Occasional lifting and movement of equipment; up to 25 pounds.
- Physical dexterity for installing new computer components
- Autotask PSA AEM: 4 years (Required)
- VMWare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Complex Help Desk: 6 years (Required)
- IT Glue: 4 years (Preferred)
- ScreenConnect: 2 years (Preferred)
- Datto: 2 years (Preferred)
You Will Receive the Following Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Sick Time Leave
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.